YOKER ATHLETIC picked up another three points in a 10 goal thriller on Saturday at home to Blantyre Victoria.

The Whe-Ho made hard work of it however, allowing the visitors to score two late goals to make it a much tighter scoreline than it should have been.

Defenders Richard Henry and Kerr Allan both missed out and James Ross and Reece McGillion returned to the starting line-up.

The home side made a bright start and were in front after 11 minutes when Greg Maitland’s trickery and cross from the left picked out Ryan Hynes in the box before the Whe-Ho’s top scorer prodded the ball into the bottom corner to open the scoring.

Clydebank Post:

Moments later the hosts doubled their lead when Kurtis Roberts turned the ball home from 12 yards after an excellent flowing move.

Just before the half-hour mark Hynes got his second latching on to a through ball before lobbing Vics keeper Scott Law from the edge of the box.

The home side appeared to take their foot off the gas and some soft defending allowed Vics a goal back when a deflected effort beat Wilson.

Yoker’s three-goal lead was established again just before the interval when skipper John Harvey scored from the spot after Hynes was fouled in the Vics penalty area.

After the break Yoker continued to control but match official David Ingram contrived to allow Vics back into the match.

Clydebank Post:

Vics striker Peter Byrne was flagged offside by the assistant referee while standing in an offside position but the man in charge waved play on allowing Bryne to get a second goal for his side.

The decision left both sets of players and management and all spectators in the ground wondering how the goal was allowed to stand.

Clearly aggrieved, Yoker pushed forward and were rewarded with another penalty when Law took down Gary Arbuckle with 17 minutes remaining. Law who was only cautioned despite denying a goalscoring opportunity saved Harvey’s penalty but Roberts hit the rebound to double his tally. Moments later Harvey’s effort from distance took a deflection before flying in to make it 6-2.

Yoker’s inability to see the game out saw the hosts add two late goals. The Whe-Ho are now unbeaten in five league games taking 11 points along the way towards securing the Super League status for another season after drawing 0-0 with Kilysth last Wednesday.

With three games remaining they’ll hope to add more points to their tally to avoid any late relegation worries. This week Yoker head to play Shotts Bon Accord in the Central League Cup.

YOKER ATH: Wilson, Bailey, McGillion (Carson), Harvey, Ross, A.Campbell (McCormick), Rankin, Roberts, Hynes, Crerand (Arbuckle), Maitland. Not Used: L.Campbell (GK), McManus.

PRIMEXT LTD: Man of the Match: Kurtis Roberts.