YOKER Athletic kept up their undefeated start to the season with a 1-1 draw away to table-topping Kilsyth Rangers.

Gary Arbuckle scored in the second half, after David Sinclair had opened the scoring for the home team.

Despite late pressure, Athletic were unable to find the winner, and now sit in fifth in the table.

Whe-Ho boss Steven Reilly made two changes from the side which beat Clydebank 4-3.

Michael Bailey returned at right-back in place of the injured Kenny Hadden while winger Greg Maitland made his first league start of the season as he came in for skipper Gary Bissland who served the first game of a two-match suspension.

The visitors started the brightest with Mark Maxwell and Davie Crerand both going close whilst Franny Kelly had the hosts’ first real effort.

Rangers centre-half Mark Tyrell then had to put his body on the line to deny Maitland before the hosts grabbed the lead when Bailey was adjudged to have handled on the edge of his own box.

And up stepped David Sinclair to curl home the free-kick from 20 yards to put Rangers in front.

Michael Duke in the home goal then produced a fine stop to deny Richard Henry.

The opening goal gave the home side a lift and they threatened again through impressive winger Nicky Prentice.

Just before half-time Kilsyth’s Ian Flannagan was lucky to stay on the pitch when his scything tackle from behind on Maitland was only punished by a yellow card.

Maxwell had the half’s final effort when he robbed Doyle of possession but his effort went wide.

Andy Campbell replaced Kenny Marshall at the interval for the visitors and his energy helped the visitors establish a foothold in the second period.

Early in the second half Ryan Hynes and Maxwell had good chances whilst Prentice again went close for the hosts.

James Ross had a headed chance from a Maitland corner before his defensive partner Kerr Allan was adamant he’d equalised when his header looked to go over the line via the post but the referee and his assistant waved play on.

Feeling aggrieved Yoker continued to press forward, Andy Rankin and Gary Arbuckle replacing Maxwell and Hynes.

The equaliser came with just eight minutes left. Rankin dispossessed Sinclair before releasing Maitland, the winger skipper past home full-back McBride before sliding in Arbuckle who superbly finished first time.

Yoker now had their tails up and had chances to steal it but were thankful to an excellent Liam Campbell stop in injury time to keep the scores level.

On Saturday Yoker face bottom markers Maryhill at home. Kick-off at Holm Park is 2pm. Adults £6, concessions £3, under 14s free.

Primext Ltd Man of the Match: Greg Maitland YOKER ATH: Campbell, Bailey, McGillion, Allan, Ross, Henry, Crerand, Marshall (Campbell), Hynes (Arbuckle), Maxwell (Rankin), Maitland. Subs not used: Kelly, Cairns.