Second-half goals from Kieran McAnespie and Adam Forde eased the Blasties’ relegation fears, with their second win over the Bankies seeing them jump above Shotts in the battle to avoid the play-off spot.

Lining up in a 5-4-1 formation, Bankies boss Budgie McGhie made two changes to the side that picked up a point away to Hurlford on Saturday. Phil Barclay returned from suspension in place of Tommy Martin, while Jordan Shelvey replaced Scott Davidson up front.

Kilbirnie were first to threaten and had the ball in the net inside four minutes when Forde tapped in McAnespie’s cross, with Bankies breathing a sigh of relief when the flag was raised for offside.

Austin McCann’s floated free kick from the half way line evaded everyone as Ladeside stopper Chris Fahey gathered comfortably.

Shortly after the mid-way point of the first half, Clydebank had the chance to take the lead. Fantastic vision from Verlaque saw a cross field pass be floated into the path of Shelvey who couldn’t control his shot.

Seven minutes after the restart, Kilbirnie broke the deadlock. From inside the box, McAnespie drilled a shot low and hard across Hamilton to give the visitors the lead. Despite the offside flag being raised, referee Stephen Brown overruled his assistant and awarded the goal.

Having lost the opening goal, Bankies responded well and had their best spell of the match. First, Ross Harvie’s curling free kick was spilled by Ladeside stopper Chris Fahey before being cleared at the second attempt. Then, right wing back Verlaque’s fantastic cross was met by the rising Shelvey who could only direct his header straight at Fahey.

On the hour mark, Kilbirnie doubled their lead. After a stramash inside the area and Bankies unable to clear their lines, the in-form Forde smashed in a loose ball to all but seal a valuable three points for Ladeside.

Scott Davidson and Ian Gold replaced Scott Walker and Kyle Cumming in Clydebank’s first change, with Davidson almost making an instant impact. From his free kick 25 yards out, the ball bounced into the path of Johnny Allan who couldn’t direct it inside the post.

The introduction of Graham Boyd had caused the Clydebank defence numerous problems, with Robert Hamilton twice having to be alert to thwart Boyd’s goal-bound efforts.

Andy Paterson had the last action of the match, a wild volley that sailed over the bar as Bankies failed to build on their last gasp draw with Hurlford.