Clydebank under-19s sealed a memorable the Scottish Youth Cup final win over Airdrie United, winning 3-1 at the Excelsior Stadium.

The visitors took the lead after 16 minutes from a Will Fleming penalty, with Marcus Boyce levelling for the hosts just after the break from a goalkeeping error.

But Joe Slee gave Clydebank the lead with 10 minutes to go, and Abdul Yusuf smashed home during injury time to put the result beyond doubt.

This is the first time the Bankies have won the competition, the quarter finals their previous best in the Youth Cup.

Clydebank had to weather some attacks and large spells of possession from Airdrie early, Kieran Devine laying the ball off to Declan Wood who shot well over after 2 minutes for the hosts.

But the Bankies grew into the game, Sean Smith having the first strike for the visitors after being played in by Slee seven minutes in.

And took the lead after 17 minutes, Daniel Crawley was brought down in the box by Airdrie goalkeeper Tony Sharkey after 15 minutes, with the keeper being shown a yellow card.

Will Fleming stepped up to take the spot kick, and luckily for the striker his effort fired straight down the middle bounced off the goalkeeper’s feet and into the net.

United were still having more of the possession in the first half, but Clydebank looked more and more dangerous on the counter.

Bankies' Matthew McLean teamed up well with Smith down the left, drifting a cross in for Louis Robertson, who's header was tipped over the bar by Sharkley.

Airdrie had a golden opportunity to equalise before half-time, Chris Lang’s cross was just missed by the outstretched foot of Kieran Devine.

But they didn’t have to wait long after the break to bring the scores level.

After 47 minutes, what looked like a simple cross to collect was spilled by Bankies goalkeeper Thomas McGuire, with Boyce scoring for Airdrie.

But the away side came back into the tie, Slee having a great chance to put the Bankies in front after 76 minutes, but an Airdrie defender slid in at the last minute to block the shot.

But Slee took his next chance four minutes later, dribbling down the left before cutting back inside and curling the ball into the bottom corner after 81 minutes, leaving the goalkeeper rooted to the spot.

This forced Airdrie into a raft of changes as they looked to get back into the tie, but substitute Yusuf smashed in Bankies’ third during injury time put the result beyond doubt.

Airdrie squad: Sharkey, Findlay, Henderson, Donn, Mullen, Dillon, O’Kane, Devine, Boyce, Wood, Kennedy, Taylor, Lang, Campbell, McDonald, Dunbar.

Clydebank squad: McGuire, Robertson, McLean, Carson, Donaldson, Hunter, Slee, Crawley, Fleming, Smith, Officer, Traynor, Hay, Yusuf, Price, Mackie.