Clydebank manager Gordon Moffat hailed the attitude of his troops as they returned to league action with a 2-0 win at Cumnock on Saturday.

The Bankies came into the game off the back of their Scottish Cup exploits in recent weeks where they shocked Elgin City to move into the third round of the competition.

Moffat told the Post last week that it was vital for his players to come back down to earth and focus on the task in hand ahead of their trip to Townhead Park.

And the squad lived up to their boss’s expectations in style, as goals in either half from Joe Slattery and Conor Lynass extended the club’s unbeaten away run to 20 games.

Fifteen of those matches have been wins, with the Bankies last tasting defeat on the road against Rutherglen Glencairn in January 2020.

The opening stages of the first half on Saturday were played in brutal wind and driving rain, but Bankies created a number of chances as Nicky Little fired over following a corner – and when the skipper had a volley from the edge of the box pushed away by the goalkeeper, Slattery was on hand to find the net with the rebound after a quarter of an hour.

Just as Clydebank scored with 15 minutes on the clock, they scored with 15 to go when Lee Gallacher capitalised on a missed header before turning his man inside out and clipping the ball to the back post, where Lynass fired in via the crossbar.

The final minutes could have been a nervy affair after Adam Hodge was shown a straight red card for bringing down Kyle McAusland, who was through on goal.

It was very much a case of the defender taking one for the team as Jamie Donnelly pushed away the resulting free-kick to keep his clean sheet intact and secure another win on the road for the Bankies.

Moff was delighted with the performance after their Scottish Cup heroics – and was only left wishing his side had made the afternoon more comfortable.

Speaking exclusively to the Post, he said: “We had guarded against the complacency. It was something we spoke about during the week at training and before the game.

“Cumnock would have been looking for us maybe being a wee bit off it off the back of the Scottish Cup excitement, so we wanted to start fast, and we did.

“We really dominated the game in the first 20-25 minutes, so it was pleasing they took that on board.

“The second goal killed the game and we could have gone on to score a couple more.

“It was probably my only frustration, that we could have made it a much easier afternoon if we just took our time and there was a wee bit of composure in the final third.”

Auchinleck Talbot visit Holm Park this weekend in a massive game for both sides at the top of the Premier Division, kicking off at 2pm.

Talbot currently occupy second place, four points ahead of Clydebank, as well as having two games in hand.

Moff isn’t under any illusions of how big Saturday’s contest will be - and admits a Clydebank win would be huge.

He said: “We can put a dent in Auchinleck which is important. Three points would be massive but there’s still 16 or 17 games to go after that.

“There’s no point in denying it’s a big game.”

Meanwhile, Yoker Athletic climbed up to 10th place in Conference C on Saturday, with Ross McDonald netting a double and David McGrath also on target as the Whe Ho beat Larkhall Thistle 3-2 at Holm Park.

At the top of Conference C, Drumchapel United weren’t in action on Saturday, but saw their lead over second-top Neilston trimmed to five points after the Farmers Boys won 5-1 away to Vale of Leven.

This Saturday, November 13, Yoker travel to East Kilbride Thistle, while Drumchapel host Glasgow Perthshire at Lochburn Park. Both those matches get under way at 1.30pm.