Clydebank produced another late show to grab a point against Darvel on Saturday – and boss Gordon Moffat believes his troops’ fighting spirit shows there is even more to come from his squad.

The Bankies battled back from two down in the final 10 minutes on Saturday to level the tie in injury time, with both goals coming through the unlikely source of Jamie Darroch to extend the Holm Park side’s unbeaten run to 19 games – and take them to second place in the Premier Division table.

Darvel took the lead on the stroke of half-time when a wayward-looking shot deflected off Michael Bailey and into the net.

Moff had to make two enforced substitutions at the break when Jamie Donnelly and Ross McPherson were replaced by Jamie Stevenson and Hamish McKinlay – and a third enforced change 10 minutes after the break saw Adam Hodge come on for Matt Niven, leaving the Bankies boss with no room for any tactical changes to swing the game.

And things looked increasingly bleak for the hosts when Andy Stirling doubled Darvel’s lead with 25 minutes to go when he nodded in at the back post.

The experienced Darroch pulled one back on 81 minutes when his shot through a busy penalty area went in off the underside of the bar.

Clydebank had scored late on to draw with Irvine Meadow seven days earlier, and had the momentum going into the closing stages of Saturday’s game.

And they were awarded a penalty in added time after a bouncing ball struck the arm of a defender, with Darroch, captain in the absence of Nicky Little, showing all the composure of the man he was standing in for as he stepped up to bury the penalty past the goalkeeper.

Moffat was delighted to see his side battle back and grab a point from nowhere – but he admits he would rather his side did not have to do that in the first place.

Speaking to the Post, he said: “It was heavy duty and a bit of a rollercoaster.

“It turned out fairly decent in the end by getting a point, but the first-half was disappointing.

“The guys showed the spirit that they have so often this season to get something out of it.

“A lot of people are buoyed by the comeback, but from my point of view I’m a bit frustrated that we got ourselves in that position. I think we can make games easier for ourselves.

“I think a lot of that is due to us not being able to do a lot of proper training. Now we can actually work on stuff and break stuff down it will help us.

“The boys know we need more consistent performances. I can hear that chat between them. They know we’ve made games harder than they need to be.

“We’ve played in spells and had some really good performances so there’s nothing to worry about. Our form is good and we’re putting points on the board but they know we can be better and there is more to come.”

Clydebank’s run of midweek fixtures came to an end last Wednesday with a 3-1 victory over Blantyre Victoria and the Bankies boss is looking forward to a more relaxed schedule of a game every Saturday – starting with a trip to Bonnyton Thistle this Saturday, August 28.

“It’s been a slog,” he added, “but it’s been like that for everybody.

“We’ve come through those 11 fixtures undefeated, so it’s not all doom and gloom, but there is stuff we can improve on.”

Kick-off at the Synergy Arena on Saturday is at 2pm.

Meanwhile, Yoker Athletic’s hopes of progressing to the second round of the Scottish Junior Cup at the expense of Coupar Angus were thwarted by a Perthshire downpour on Saturday, when the referee abandoned the match with half an hour to go because of a waterlogged pitch.

The Whe-Ho were 3-0 up at the time thanks to Kyle Maxwell and a David McGrath double in the first half, and were looking well set to extend their recent upturn in form, following last Wednesday’s 2-2 draw at home to Ardrossan Winton Rovers at Holm Park.

Yoker return to Coupar Angus this Saturday for the replay of their Scottish Junior Cup tie at Foxhall Park, with a trip to Ayrshire to face Girvan on September 25 awaiting the winners in round two.