Clydebank fought back from 2-0 down to earn a well-deserved 2-2 draw at home to Beith on Saturday.

Striker Aaron Millar scored twice in as many minutes to cancel out earlier strikes from Paul Frize and Kenny McLean as Bankies got another important point on the board.

Boss Gordon Moffat named an unchanged side from the team that beat Benburb last week, and it nearly paid dividends within the first minute of the game.

Bankies top scorer Nicky Little found himself in space wide on the right and crossed for Millar who sent his header well wide of the target.

The visitors looked comfortable in possession from the outset though, and almost went ahead soon after.

Frize broke free of the Bankies defence and struck a low shot that goalkeeper Marc Waters did well to tip away to safety.

Individual errors have been costly for Clydebank in recent weeks, and they narrowly avoided another midway through the first-half. Matt McLean was robbed of the ball in the corner, with Waters saving from the resulting Steven Noble header after a good cross from the right.

READ MORE: Clydebank boss Gordon Moffat hails his side's 'huge' win over Benburb

The opening goal came just after the half hour mark when good movement seemed to confuse Alan Vezza and Jamie Darroch at the back, allowing Frize to waltz through the defence and shoot low across Waters.

Six minutes later, Beith doubled their lead. A free kick from the right was met by experienced forward McLean, whose neat finish flew past Waters to give the visitors what they thought was a comfortable lead.

However, less than a minute later, Bankies halved the deficit. Kyle Munro’s free-kick from the left was met by the head of Millar, who thumped in from close range to pull a goal back for the hosts.

From the resulting kick off, Craig Holmes picked up possession in his own half and burst forward to find Millar on the overlap. The striker took one touch and hit a left-footed strike that struck a Beith defender on its way into the top corner past the helpless Stephen Grindlay.

READ MORE: Bankies edge closer to Premiership survival with Benburb victory

Minutes after the restart, Beith had another chance to go ahead. Darren Christie drove down the right and delivered for McLean, but his glancing header was held well by Waters.

With less than 10 minutes remaining, Bankies thought they were about to grab all three points. A cross from the left was met by Little, but Clydebank’s talisman somehow missed the target as his header skewed horribly wide of the post.

At the other end, several crosses from Christie flew across the face of goal with no final product from the Beith front line.

With the referee already looking at his watch, Bankies thought they had won it in incredible circumstances. Beith defender John Sheridan headed a long ball over the top back to goalkeeper Grindlay, who had to furiously back-pedal to tip the ball behind to preserve a point.

Bankies now face Hurlford United away this Saturday. Kick off at Blair Park is 2pm.

Read all the latest from Post Sport