Clydebank cruised through to the second round of the West of Scotland Cup on Saturday with a thumping 7-0 win over Annbank United.

Conor Lynass and Del Hepburn both grabbed a brace while goals from Nicky Little, Cammy McClair and Jordan Kennedy put Gordon Moffat’s men comfortably through to the next round.

Moffat made three changes to the side that lost away to Auchinleck Talbot last weekend with Kennedy, McClair and Ross Alexander all starting. Academy midfielder Adam Smith, meanwhile, made the bench as he earned a spot in the squad for the first time.

A mammoth 49 places separate the sides in their respective leagues and it was the Premiership side who struck first after just two minutes. Jamie Darroch rose highest to Lynass’ corner from the right and, after a good initial save, the ball fell to Little to slam in his 10th goal of the season and 80th for the club.

Bankies were in full command of proceedings and went on to double their lead with arguably the goal of the game.

READ MORE: Bankies boss Gordon Moffat insists Talbot loss was 'harsh'

Alexander’s cross from the left bounced nicely for Hepburn who turned his back to goal and produced a spectacular overhead kick that flew past Louis Kerr in the Annbank goal.

Clydebank added a third 20 minutes later and it was Alexander who was once again the provider.

The young midfielder played a deft ball over the top for Lynass who raced in front of his man to dink it past the onrushing keeper for his ninth of the season.

Lynass should have added a fourth on the half hour mark when Little rolled the ball to him six yards out, but, with the goal gaping, he somehow fired wide of the target.

It was wave after wave of Clydebank attack and McClair could have extended his side’s lead but his audacious lob from the edge of the area was thwarted by a furiously back-pedalling keeper.

Just before the break, Bankies did make it 4-0. Winger McClair secured possession wide on the right and drove at the heart of the Annbank defence before cutting in on his left foot and curling a shot high into the top corner.

READ MORE: Back-to-back defeats for Bankies as Talbot hit them for three

The second-half started in similar fashion to the first with Clydebank getting their fifth goal of the game within the opening two minutes of the restart.

Lynass whipped a corner in from the left which Little did well to keep in and fed it back across goal for Kennedy to stab in on the line.

Five minutes later, Lynass scored his second goal and Clydebank’s sixth of the game, having picked the ball up in his own half before driving straight at the visitors and shooting low across the keeper to register his ninth goal of the season.

The home side completed the rout 13 minutes from time with academy graduate Smith setting up Hepburn who fired in via the inside of the post from the edge of the area.

Read all the latest from Post Sport