Clydebank suffered their second successive defeat with a 3-0 loss away to Auchinleck Talbot on Saturday.

Gordon Pope opened the scoring late in the first-half with a further two goals coming from Bryan Boylan and Jamie Glasgow late in the second as Bankies pushed for an equaliser.

Manager Gordon Moffat made just one change to the side that crashed out the Scottish Junior Cup to Petershill last week with defender Jamie Darroch returning from injury.

With one win in eight against Talbot, Bankies would have feared the worst when captain Alan Vezza was shown a yellow card inside the opening 30 seconds at Beechwood.

In fairness, Talbot were the much better side during the opening exchanges and missed the first real chance of the game.

Good rotation among the front three saw Graham Wilson work it to Keir Samson who hit the side netting.

READ MORE: Clydebank crash out of Scottish Junior Cup after Petershill defeat

Midway through the first-half, Bankies were denied a stonewall penalty kick after Paul Byrne’s throw-in down the left found Nicky Little who flicked the ball on to the hand of defender Craig McCracken.

Despite the wild protests, referee Chris Gentles waved away the claims and pointed for a corner from which Little nodded over.

To make matters worse, Talbot opened the scoring moments later after Pope’s left-footed shot from the edge of the area cannoned off the head of Darroch and flew past Marc Waters.

The visitors had the chance to draw level before the break when Little capitalised on an error, but the defender recovered well to block the shot.

Then, after Vezza’s diagonal switch, Conor Lynass brushed past Pope down the right but dragged his shot wide.

Clydebank started brightly in the second-half with Little seeing a shot deflected wide after good link up play with Del Hepburn and Jordan Shelvey.

READ MORE: Gordon Moffat blasts 'unacceptable' Scottish Junior Cup exit

Bankies best move of the game came just after the hour mark when an attack down the right saw Little whip a cross in behind the Talbot back line, but Shelvey was only able to guide the ball into the keeper’s hands.

In a bid to steal a late point, Moffat moved Darroch up front as Bankies switched to a 3-5-2 formation.

But, as the visitors pushed, they were caught on the break.

Byrne dithered on a long ball over the top with his indecisiveness allowing Boylan to prod it away from him and past Waters to double Talbot’s lead.

With the game already over, Talbot managed a late third after Ross Alexander was caught in possession on the half way line, with Graham Boylan firing in an inch perfect cross for Glasgow who nodded home to make it it 3-0.

Clydebank now turn their attention to the West of Scotland Cup this Saturday as they welcome Annbank United to Holm Park in the first round. Kick-off 2pm.

Read all the latest from Post Sport