Clydebank moved into the top four for the first time this season after leaving it late to beat Irvine Meadow 2-0 on Saturday.

Goals from Del Hepburn and Nicky Little saw Bankies pick up their fourth consecutive win in a game that was marred by a serious injury suffered by Meadow captain Ben Carson which saw a lengthy delay.

Bankies boss Gordon Moffat named an unchanged starting XI from the side that beat Hurlford last week with assistant manager Gary McMenamin returning to the bench.

Meadow started the brighter of the sides with high intensity but Bankies remained disciplined in defence and forced Brian McGinty’s men into shots from distance that didn’t trouble Marc Waters.

Clydebank’s first real chance of the half came from a more direct period of play.

READ MORE: Conor Lynass hat-trick guides Bankies to their third win on the bounce

Former Bankies defender Calum Gow misjudged a ball over the top which fell to Little but the forward’s effort looped wide.

Waters was called into action midway through the half in what transpired to be a game changing save. A free-kick from the left was directed on goal by Sharpe but Waters was alert to somehow divert the ball over the bar to ensure it remained goalless at the break.

After what was a frustrating opening 45 minutes for Moffat’s men, they began the second-half brightly and began to take control of proceedings at Holm Park.

In a similar move to his earlier effort, Little latched on to a ball over the top and tried to direct his lobbed effort into the far corner but the ball landed wide of the post.

Just before the hour mark, defender Matt McLean drove out of defence and played a threaded through ball into the path of Kyle Munro. The winger whipped a ball into the area, with Little heading narrowly wide.

With just under a quarter of an hour remaining, Meadow skipper Carson suffered a horrific injury in a fairly innocuous tackle. The injury was later confirmed as a broken and dislocated ankle, and forced the game to be stopped for half an hour.

Both sides were eager to play on - and Bankies were glad they did.

READ MORE: Gordon Moffat: "We rose to the challenge"

As play resumed, substitute Hepburn took a great first touch, cut in from the left and shifted the ball on to his right foot before firing towards goal. His effort from distance appeared to bounce off the inside of the post before hitting the keeper and crossing the line.

And Bankies took next to no time doubling their lead. Jordan Shelvey rose expertly to cushion a header across goal for Little who took a touch before slamming in his ninth goal of the season.

Bankies now face Petershill away in the third round of the Scottish Junior Cup this weekend. Kick-off at Petershill Park is 2.30pm.

Read all the latest from Post Sport