Clydebank kicked off Gordon Moffat’s reign by coming from behind to beat Rutherglen Glencairn 5-2 on Saturday.

Jordan Shelvey’s brace, alongside goals from Chris Black, Jamie Darroch and Nicky Little saw Bankies register back-to-back wins, which, in turn, saw them jump into the top half of the West Premiership for the first time this season.

After his first full week in charge, Moffat made one change to the side that beat Glenafton, with Kyle Munro replacing Cammy McClair in the starting XI.

An individual error was to blame as Bankies fell behind after just12 minutes after defender Matt McLean misjudged a ball over the top to allow Liam Gormley through on goal. Marc Waters got a hand to the effort, but was unable to stop the visitors from taking the lead.

READ MORE: New boss Gordon Moffat encouraged by what he saw in Clydebank's Glenafton win

But, just before the half hour mark, Bankies equalised thanks to Liam Rowan’s floated ball over the top for Shelvey who lifted it over the Glens keeper from the edge of the area.

Clydebank were almost the architects of their own downfall, but narrowly avoided conceding a third own-goal of the season thanks to a magnificent save from Waters. A cross from the back post bounced off defender Michael Bailey with Waters able to spring low to his left to tip the ball round the post.

Moffat’s men got themselves in front 10 minutes later thanks to a free-flowing counter attack. Good link up play between Shelvey, Paul Byrne and Conor Lynass saw the ball worked to Little, who sent Black through on goal, with the midfielder able to stab the ball home with his first touch.

Clydebank Post:

Bankies were unlucky not to go at the break a goal to the good after McLean unsuccessfully tried to shepherd the ball out of play on the byline only for Glens striker Kris Gebbie to nick in, before going down as Byrne tried to recover.

Referee Matthew McDermid pointed to the spot and Gebbie comfortably dispatched the spot kick, lashing it straight down the middle.

Despite the setback, Clydebank didn’t even need a minute of the second-half to restore their lead again.

Moffat’s side played a short corner that found its way into the path of Darroch who fired home his second of the season.

Buoyed by the advantage, Bankies went in search of a killer fourth and found it with 12 minutes remaining.

READ MORE: Jordan Shelvey helps secure Glens win in front of new boss

Lynass drove down the wing before cutting in on his right and forcing the keeper into a save which he could only parry into the path of Shelvey, who buried his second of the afternoon as Bankies took control.

Eight minutes later, scorer turned provider as Bankies grabbed their fifth.

A vital interception by Shelvey saw Lynass slip Nicky Little through on goal and he duly obliged with a cool finish past the goalkeeper.

Next up for Bankies is a trip to Newlandsfield to play Pollok this Saturday. Kick-off 2pm.

Read all the latest from Post Sport