Clydebank secured back-to-back wins for the first time this season with a 2-1 away win over Kirkintilloch Rob Roy on Saturday.

First-half goals from Nicky Little and Jamie Darroch put Bankies in a commanding position against the bottom of the league side, but Liam Rowan’s second-half own goal made it a nervy finish at Guy’s Meadow.

The result sees Bankies move up to 11th in the West Premiership table after securing their first win of the season at home to Kilbirnie last week.

Boss Kieran McAnespie named an unchanged side from the team that beat Kilbirnie with Aaron Millar continuing as the solitary striker in the absence of the injured Jordan Shelvey.

A good passage of play down the left saw Paul Byrne link up with Conor Lynass with the latter driving the ball low across the six yard line for Little to stab home his seventh goal of the season to break the deadlock.

READ MORE: Clydebank boss Kieran McAnespie seething after Troon defeat

Less than three minutes later, Bankies doubled their advantage. Lynass once again caused havoc down the left and delivered another ball into the area with former Bankie Michael Morris able to clear the ball to the edge of the area. It fellto Darroch who set himself before blasting home to register his first of the season.

Clydebank were then dealt a blow when Darroch picked up a knee injury soon after with Ross Alexander replacing the defender.

Bankies then went in search of a third goal and nearly found it when Millar nodded over from another good cross from the left.

A further change at the break saw Byrne replaced by Andy Paterson in a straight swap at left-back and Bankies should have had the game wrapped up inside the opening exchanges of the second-half.

After the restart, Cammy McClair dispossessed Rabs substitute Nathan Durham and drove the byline before cutting the ball back for Lynass who blazed the ball over the bar from close range. Then, in another good move, Millar nodded over again despite rising unchallenged in the area.

READ MORE: Bankies number two Sean Higgins blasts 'schoolboy' defending after Rossvale loss

But, on the hour mark, a calamitous own goal saw Rabs gifted a lifeline. Rowan’s overhit back pass trundled past the foot of goalkeeper Marc Waters and gave the hosts an otherwise unlikely route back in the game.

From there, Bankies’ backs were to the walls with Rob Roy squandering several good opportunities. Waters was forced to tip a goalward cross over the bar before Martin McBride rattled the post with a good header at the back post.

And Bankies were left breathing a sigh of relief in stoppage time when Ewan MacPherson looked to have been brought down inside the area by Michael Bailey, but the forward was booked for simulation as Clydebank walked away with all three points.

Next up for Clydebank is the visit of Largs Thistle to Holm Park this Saturday. Kick-off 2pm.

Read all the latest from Post Sport