Clydebank have slipped to sixth in the Premiership after Glenafton snuck an 87th minute winner to grab all three points in a 2-1 win on Saturday.

Dale Moore opened the scoring for the visitors before birthday boy Jordan Shelvey headed in an equaliser. Glens struck the bar while Marc Waters pulled off a great save, but Leon Murphy’s lob three minutes from time saw the visitors leapfrog Bankies in the table.

With top scorer Nicky Little unavailable and Declan Fitzpatrick having been recalled from his loan spell by Clyde, Bankies boss Kieran McAnespie recalled Jamie Darroch and Liam Rowan to the starting lineup.

Bankies were playing some nice possession football, but it took a top class save from goalkeeper Waters to keep the visitors temporarily at bay.

Read more: Clydebank FC boss McAnespie says 'defeat is so frustrating'

A cross from the right was nicely cushioned by the head of Findlay Frye, which set the ball up perfectly for Chris Dallas to volley from the edge of the area.

Dallas couldn’t have caught the ball any better, but Waters sprung to his right and somehow pushed the ball over the bar with a tremendous fingertip save.

However the first goal of the game arrived minutes later. Rowan’s misplaced pass was intercepted by Dallas, with the ball working its way to Moore at the edge of the area after a really neat interchange of passing. The striker took a touch before curling a fantastic shot high past Waters.

Four minutes into the second half, Bankies got themselves level.

Marauding left back Andy Paterson hit the byline and crossed for Shelvey, who forced a point blank save from McGarrity, only for the ball to fall for Shelvey to nod in at the second time of asking to record his 14th goal of the season.

Bankies were guilty of losing possession all too easily, a trait that was to cost them in the final ten minutes of the game.

Ross Alexander was the first culprit, allowing Dan Orsi to send a cross field diagonal in behind the Bankies back line.

Right back Lee Duncanson was caught on the wrong side of Murphy, with Waters again on hand to bail Bankies out, saving the ball with his feet.

Glens were knocking at the door once again moments later, this time with the crossbar saving the home side. Orsi picked the ball up in around 25 yards from goal and unleashed a ferocious drive that struck the upright with Waters rooted to the spot.

Despite withstanding the barrage of pressure for so long, Bankies conceded the winner just three minutes from time. Murphy latched on to Mick McCann’s ball over the top, taking a touch before lobbing Waters to snatch all three points.

Next up for Clydebank is the quarter final of the Macron Scottish Junior Cup away to Hurlford United this Saturday.

Kick off at Blair Park is at 2.15pm, with seats available on the supporters’ bus.

Please contact Fred on 07890 410606 to secure your spot.