Clydebank cruised to a 5-0 victory against a Kilwinning Rangers side who were reduced to eight men on Saturday.

Bryan Boylan, Garry Fleming and David Syme were all sent off as doubles from Nicky Little and Del Hepburn, along with a solo strike from Cammy McClair, saw Bankies take full advantage of the Buffs’ collapse.

Clydebank boss Kieran McAnespie made just one change to the side that beat Petershill 3-0 last weekend, with Jamie Darroch replacing the unavailable Declan Fitzpatrick as Bankies stuck with their familiar 4-4-1-1 formation.

After surviving an early scare, the home side twice spurned the chance to go ahead in the first-half, with Jordan Shelvey the culprit. First, latching on to Cammy McClair’s through ball, Shelvey dragged his shot wide of goal before slotting wide of the other post after Little sent him through on goal.

Against an initially resolute Kilwinning side, it took until 65 minutes for Bankies to make the breakthrough.

Shelvey checked back on to his left-foot and picked out Little, whose volley flew past Adam Strain in what was a wonderful first-time finish.

Bankies midfielder Chris Black was then booked for body checking Boylan, who received a second yellow card for lashing out in retribution. He was closely followed by his manager Chris Strain, who was sent to the stand for his protests at the initial red card.

Less than three minutes later, Bankies made their man advantage count by doubling their lead.

Shelvey was again the creator, skipping past his man down the left channel with his cross nudged on by Ross Alexander to set up Little to slot home his 18th for the season from six yards.

Then came incredible scenes as both Garry Fleming and David Syme were sent off within seconds of one another.

First, Fleming picked a yellow for dissent before being shown a straight red card for comments towards the assistant referee and referee respectively, before Syme also talked himself into a straight red for abusing the other assistant referee on the near side.

Bankies went on to punish Buffs with a further three goals.

Chris Black’s diagonal switch was misjudged by right-back Joe Coleman, who slipped on the heavy Lochburn surface which allowed Hepburn to run clean through - and the winger slotted the ball in the bottom corner as Bankies began to show their ruthless streak.

Things went from bad to worse for the eight men as Bankies grabbed a fourth with seven minutes remaining. Jamie Whyte’s throw-in back to his goalkeeper was dreadfully short which allowed Little to nick in and round Strain, squaring the ball across goal for Hepburn to tap in easily.

And two minutes later, five-star Bankies completed their rout. Pettigrew was caught in possession on the edge of the area, which allowed winger Cammy McClair to finish coolly as he registered double figures for the season.

Next up for Clydebank is a trip to play Largs Thistle. Kick-off at Barrfields on Saturday, January 19 is 1:45pm.