Last year’s Antonine U19s have made the step up this season to under 21 level to differentiate from the other already established Antonine U21s as they have become Antonine united.

There was late drama in their weekend fixture as they welcomed Greenock HSFP to Singers for an U21s championship game with the visitors netting five minutes from time before Antonine nicked a last minute goal to make it 3-3 and secure a well-deserved point.

Earlier, the home side thought they had prevented Greenock taking an early lead in the 2nd minute as a ball over the top put the away player through.

Liam Monaghan got back to put the ball behind for a corner but unbelievably the ref - to the astonishment of every person in the ground - gave a penalty and the Greenock striker slotted home to open the scoring.

But back came Antonine and five minutes later a Danny Hamilton corner was headed back across goal by Connor Higgins and Dom Cairney’s header went just over.

Cairney then came close again before, on 12 minutes, Lewis smith was pulled down in the box and Dylan Macmillan stepped up for penalty.

Macmillan saw his spot-kick saved by the keeper but tucked away the rebound to register his first goal for the club.

Macmillan then had a 25 yarder saved before Hamilton and Smith both had efforts denied.

On 30 minutes the away keeper tried to take the ball round Hamilton who quickly dispossessed him and crossed for Smith to head home his 6th of the season.

Ryan Gillies then got fingertips to a lob from the away midfielder to touch it onto the bar and Cairney again came close before Hamilton had an effort saved by the keeper as Antonine went into the break 2-1 up.

Greenock, however, came out from the interval all guns blazing but the Antonine back line held firm and on the hour mark Brendan Kelly produced a great block to stop an equaliser.

Gillies then had a couple of saves before Hamilton came close at the other end.

The breakthrough came for the visitors on 70 minutes, however, when Antonine didn’t deal with a corner kick and the Greenock defender headed home to level.

Two minutes later Gillies came out to collect a routine ball and the striker kicked him in the midriff, but the ref only gave him a yellow.

Higgins then fired in a free kick which the keeper let squirm under his body but managed to get back to stop going over the line before Smith was caught with studs to the groin area.

But it looked like the ref had forgotten his red card as again only a yellow was produced.

With five minutes to go a share of the spoils looked to slip away from Antonine as Greenock broke down the right and the striker headed home to make it 3-2 to the visitors.

But the drama wasn’t over yet and in the final minute of the game, Antonine were rewarded for their efforts when a long throw from Macmillan was headed in by Brendan Kelly to make it 3-3.

An excellent first half and a bit of character shown in the second half when put under pressure. Next up is Dalziel away.

Squad: Gilles, MacIver, Monaghan, Mcauley, Kelly, Donaghy, Cairney, Macmillan, Smith, Higgins, Hamilton, McKendrick, Boyle, Docherty, Richardson, Buckley. TLC Pharmacy man of the match Connor Higgins