Rosie McQuillan’s hat-trick inspired St Peter the Apostle High School Girls under-14s to their first national title last Monday.

They edged St Mungo’s High School in a seven goal thriller 4-3 after coming back from two goals down with 10 minutes to go.

The National Senior Girls SSFA Shield final, played at Cowdenbeath’s Central Park ground with McQuillan put the Clydebank side in front after 12 minutes.

St Mungo’s equalised from the spot just before half-time with the Falkirk team taking the lead on 65 minutes, extending their lead with a stunning goal shortly after.

But St Peter’s bounced back in style, scoring three goals in the last ten minutes, with McQuillan scoring two more to complete her hat-trick, and Yasmin Boyce’s free-kick floating in at the death.

St Peter’s started well with McQuillan latching onto a long ball before driving her powerful shot past the Falkirk keeper.

St Mungo’s dominated possession but they were unable to create many clear cut chances in the first half.

Boyce had a long range free-kick for St Peter’s tipped onto the bar by the St Mungo’s goalkeeper shortly before half-time as they looked to extend their lead.

But St Mungo’s equalised just before the break, a clear handball seeing the resulting penalty being converted.

The second half started in a similar fashion to the first, with St Mungo’s dominating possession and St Peter’s being forced on the counter attack.

Bethany Kerr had to be at her best to deny the St Mungo’s number nine with a great low save 10 minutes into the second half, but she could do nothing to stop the second goal as a great cross was headed into the net 10 minutes later.

The side from Falkirk looked to have sealed the trophy with a truly outstanding strike from 20 yards which left Bethany Kerr helpless in the St Peter’s goal.

At 3-1 down the last throw of the dice for St Peter’s was to move Nicole Cameron into midfield and this made an immediate impact.

Cameron played in McQuillan on goal and the star striker found the net with nine minutes remaining.

The same duo combined again after 85 minutes, Cameron’s long range pass caused confusion in the St Mungo’s box and McQuillian smashed the ball in for her hat-trick.

By this point the game was end to end but a foul on Aimee Matchett set up the winning goal.

Boyce whipped the free-kick straight into the goal from a fair distance on the touchline with the St Mungo’s keeper left in no-man’s land.

St Peter’s withstood a few minutes of pressure from the Falkirk side but their first national trophy was sealed after a pulsating 90 minutes.