YOKER Athletic continued their disappointing form with a 3-0 loss to Petershill FC at Petershill Park on Saturday.

The Whe-Ho are still without a win in 2017, now six games into the new year.

The away side set out on the offensive, chasing down every player and loose ball,

Despite both teams playing quick, counter-attacking football, the game began to stagnate as they cancelled one another out.

However, after 29 minutes, and from nowhere, Petershill’s Ian Gold ran the ball down the left wing with strength and quick feet, beating his man and entering the box.

The ball was squared low across goal for Jason Hardie to easily tap in for the hosts.

It was game on for the Peasy and only six minutes later, after more pressure, the home team snatched their second.

Yoker goalkeeper Liam Campbell intercepted a through ball on the edge of the box, but spilled it to the feet of Gold.

Facing away from goal, the winger couldn’t believe his luck and casually backheeled the bouncing ball past Campbell and into the back of the net.

Despite being the more threatening team, Yoker had become non-existent in the final third and walked in at the interval with a mountain to climb.

With an explosion of pace and desire from their half-time talk, Yoker pushed on.

Gary Arbuckle inspired hope as he ran into the box onto a lovely through ball but his chip when one-on-one with the keeper struck the far post.

White denied a top-corner screamer from Gary Bissland with an incredible save minutes later.

Nearing the end, Petershill took back control as Stuart McCann ran to the touchline and squared to Paul Callander who fired into the sky from only a few yards.

In the 81st minute Chris Hall hammered the final nail into Yoker’s coffin with an easy finish from an inviting cross.

Mark McManus was sent off late on for Yoker but it had little impact on the result.

YOKER: Campbell, Henry, Bailey, Allan, Ross, Bissland, Hynes, Campbell, Arbucle, Roberts, Maitland.

Subs: Crerand, Rankin, McManus, McGillion, Wilson.