Clydebank A successfully defended their annual 10s tournament, winning the competition for a third year running by beating Strathendrick in the final 22-17.

They went through the group stages unbeaten, defeating Hyndland, Loch Lomond and a President’s Select team on route to the final.

The Clydebank B side also came away with some silverware, beating the President’s Select side 5-0 to win the Shield final.

Clydebank A began against Hyndland, with the Bank making life difficult for themselves by taking the ball into contact too often instead of using the wider spaces that 10s allow.

They found their composure and managed to win 19-7.

Next up they played Loch Lomond in a tight affair, winning 24-19.

In their final group match they were up against the President’s Select team made up of players from all the invited teams and unleashed some ruthless running rugby to win 40-0 with eight tries in total being scored.

The Clydebank B team had a harder time of things and in their first match Strathendrick put them to the sword with some ruthless running rugby and finishing and were defeated 42-0.

They scored a try in their second match against Cartha with Andy Lyle showing some lightening pace and a series of strong hand offs to score down the left wing. Cartha were too strong though and won the match 25-5.

In their final group match against Police Scotland things were much closer and the final score of 15-14 to the Police reflected how hard-fought a game it was.

In the Shield final the fourth-ranked teams in each group faced each other, with Clydebank B coming out victorious against the Presidents Select 5-0.

In the Plate Final, the third-placed teams played each other, with Loch Lomond winning 29-19 against the Police.

The Bowl Final for second-placed teams was one of the best matches of the day between Hyndland and Cartha, with some great tries from both sides.

However Hyndland were just too good in the end and ran out 31-14 victors.

The final match of the day was for the cup, it was between the winners of the groups, Clydebank A and Strathendrick.

Connor Sloss was man of the match with two great tries, playing more like a right winger than a second row.

Strathendrick scored two tries and a penalty but Jamie Boyd and Jack Burgoyne scored a try each and opened up a lead that Strathendrick were unable to recover from despite some severe pressure.

Clydebank A eventually ran out winners 22-17.

It was a great day of rugby with Jamie Boyd finishing as Clydebank’s top try scorer with five tries.

Clydebank would like to thank all the teams who took part and everyone who helped out to make the day run smoothly.

Clydebank RFC would like to thank fixture secretary Peter Watson for his sterling efforts in organising the event, also Trisha, Katie, Treble D and Declan – they managed to seamlessly feed and water more than 100 rugby players through their efforts in the kitchen and bar.