Keepmoat Homes Ltd launches plans for homes at Queens Quay

 <i>(Image: Councillor Lauren Oxley)</i>
(Image: Councillor Lauren Oxley)
This article is brought to you by our exclusive subscriber partnership with our sister title USA Today, and has been written by our American colleagues. It does not necessarily reflect the view of The Herald.
Close Icon

Find, save and share Public Notices that affect you in the area.

Search the Public Notice Portal What is the Public Notice Portal?

What is the Public Notice Portal?

The Public Notice Portal carries statutory public notices published in local newspapers and is the fastest and most effective way of finding out what is happening in YOUR neighbourhood.

Search the Public Notice Portal

A second developer has launched their plans for homes at the flagship Queens Quay development in Clydebank.

Keepmoat Homes Ltd has submitted a Proposal of Application Notice (PAN) notifying West Dunbartonshire Council of their intention to ask for planning permission.

The notification is an early stage of the planning process and usually undertaken for major developments such as their intention at the waterfront.

The site will located near to Cart Street, assuming plots one to five of the land.

(Image: Councillor Lauren Oxley)

(Image: Councillor Lauren Oxley)

Residents are being invited to two public consultations on the planned development, the first of which takes place this month.

These events will take place on Thursday, June 4 and August 20 at the Clydebank Library between 2pm and 7pm.

Councillor Lauren Oxley, for the Waterfront Ward, shared the consultation on social media.

A member of the development team is expected to be at each event and those who can not attend are being invited to email their questions.

This next stage marks even more progress for the flagship development as we previously reported how plot seven, eight and nine are set to become the site for 230 homes built by Barratt Homes.

At the time, a council officer remarked on their disappointment over the variety of housing that is set to be created.

It was hoped that more flat or apartment blocks would constitute part of the plan.

He said: Mr Douglas continued: "The proposal that Barratt have come forward with recognises the masterplan constraints and designs but we'd envisaged far higher levels of flatted development.

“The good news is they are building some flats there, which will help prove the market whether there is or is not a market for flats. We've maintained [that] we believe there is, when we look to Dumbarton we see flats still being built, but we've always been told that the major house builders won't entertain it.

“Overall, it's good news in terms of numbers of houses, revenue for the council, and return of capital that's there.

“I’m very happy to at last be able to say, yes, something has happened and not just watch this space.”

Get involved
with the news

Send your news & photos