A YOUNG Clydebank tot who underwent a operation to remove a second brain tumour last week has returned home.

Caleb Stirrat made it through an eight-hour surgery on June 16 and spent the next few days in hospital recovering and showing good progress.

The four-year-old was recently diagnosed with a relapse of his ATRT (atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumour), a fast-growing cancer of the brain and spinal cord.

Despite surgery last year, chemotherapy and proton beam therapy in Florida, doctors initially said there was nothing else they could do for Caleb.

But a second surgery was proposed along with a trial drug from Manchester, so parents Karen and Andy took the leap.

In a post to Facebook on Saturday night, the Parkhall family expressed their gratitude.

They wrote: “Caleb has done so well with his recovery that he’s now home with us all.

“Everyone is so happy to see him, especially his sisters. Caleb loves home cooking and is looking forward to some good food.

“We will be keeping an eye on him as he continues to recover from his operation but today is another win that we are so thankful for.”

Read more: Clydebank tot recovering in hospital after tumour surgery

Earlier on Saturday, they told supporters: “He is such a brave boy, the strength and courage he has shown isn’t something we can even put into words.

“He even got to go for a walk in his pram around the hospital grounds. We are all so proud of him.

“Caleb has already got a list of things he wants to do.

“The donations made to Caleb’s JustGiving page will allow our family to move forward in some way. While we wait for the trial drug, the funds raised will enable us to create special memories for Caleb and his sisters Poppy and Alyssia.

“We can’t wait for Caleb to be back with his sisters and be able to be a four-year-old again.

“Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.”

Fundraising for the family has collected almost £15,000 from the community, following on from soaring support last year. Caleb and his family spent months in Jacksonville, Florida, for the radical proton therapy.

He was later given an all clear from the cancer and it was only at the end of May that new scans revealed the return of the disease.