A THUG who burned his lover on a roasting hot cooker ring has been jailed for six years and nine months.

William Stevenson and the 24-year-old had a bust-up at his home in Drumry last July before the horrific assault took place.

The woman ended up unconscious and had no memory of her ordeal at the hands of the 34-year-old.

She was eventually discovered naked and bleeding outside the flat by a passer-by.

Her string of injuries included a large burn on her bottom, leaving her scarred for life.

Stevenson – who already had a staggering 52 convictions – pleaded guilty in June to assaulting the woman to her severe injury, permanent disfigurement and to the danger of life.

He also admitted taking hundreds of photos of his victim while she was naked and unconscious.

Support: If you need help, contact Clydebank Women's Aid

As punishment, he will remain on the sex offenders register indefinitely, even when released from jail.

Lord Woolman today told him: “Her life was in danger and you failed to seek medical attention.

"You took videos of her unconscious body.

“There is no alternative to a custodial sentence as this must reflect your conduct.”

Jurors at the High Court in Glasgow previously heard how the woman planned to leave Stevenson following the row last July 21.

But he apologised and begged her to stay.

Prosecutor Liam Ewing said the woman eventually went into the living room but had “no further memory” of what then occurred.

A visitor to the tower block later that morning found the victim sprawled near a lift.

Mr Ewing said she was naked and bleeding from the mouth.

By the time police turned up, she was not there, but was eventually found unconscious in Stevenson's home.

Read more: William Stevenson beat woman unconscious, then filmed her abuse

Mr Ewing: “He said [to police] that she had been fighting with junkies at the flat.”

The woman was meantime rushed to hospital, but Stevenson was not initially held by officers.

Medics found that the victim had “multiple” cuts and bruises as well as the large burn, which will be a permanent reminder of the ordeal.

She was also treated for pneumonia before being able to leave hospital days later.

The court heard Stevenson was eventually arrested after a hammer at his flat had the woman's blood on it.

Medics believe the “blunt force” injuries could have been caused by such a weapon.

A specialist burns unit was asked to examine the mark on the victim's buttock.

The hearing was told it was “consistent with contact with a solid heated surface”.

The 20cm x 15cm injury was “consistent” with being placed on Stevenson's electric cooker during the horror attack.

Click here for all the latest Clydebank news

It emerged Stevenson had tried to pawn his phone after initially being allowed to leave by police.

The mobile was soon seized – and a total of 327 photos and 86 videos of the woman taken on the day of the attack were found.

The court heard she was “naked, in a state of undress and unconscious” in many.

Mr Ewing: “She confirmed that she had never consented...or was aware of any of the images being taken.”

Stevenson pleaded guilty to a charge under the Sexual Offences Act in connection with the photos and clips.