ONE person was taken to hospital last night after a kitchen fire in Knightswood.

Fire crews rushed to a high-rise block of flats on Kestrel Road at around 9.30pm on Monday after receiving a report of a smoke alarm going off.

The area was made safe and crews left around an hour later.

Read more: Driver who struck pedestrian given taxi licence

An SFRS spokesman said: “We were alerted at 9.39pm on Monday, June 10 to reports of a smoke alarm sounding within a block of flats in Knightswood.

“Operations Control mobilised four fire appliances to Kestrel Road, where crews extinguished a small fire within the kitchen of a property.

“One casualty was passed into the care of Scottish Ambulance Service personnel, and they were thereafter transported to hospital for a precautionary check-up.

“Crews left the scene at 10.21pm after ensuring the area was safe.”