By Holly Lennon

A MAN has died following a flat fire in Knightswood.

Emergency services were called to reports of a fire in a block of flats on Lincoln Avenue around 1pm on Thursday afternoon.

A 45-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene.

The blaze is believed to have started in the flat on the 12th floor where the man was found.

There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.

Early reports have suggested the fire may have been caused by an electrical fault.

Firefighters had raced to the scene after smoke was seen billowing from the high rise flats.

Residents were told to remain in their flats after the fire was extinguished while officers dealt with the deceased man.

A spokesperson for Scottish Fire and rescue, said: "We were alerted at 12.38pm on March 1 to reports of a fire at a block of flats in Glasgow.

"Operations control mobilised a number of fire engines to Lincoln Avenue where fire fighters extinguished the fire."

Next of kin have been informed.